My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Well I have to say Proactiv is...

   A good product. I wish I could say it is a life saver or worked wonders but the fact of the matter is that I am blessed with a fairly good complexion. I get a breakout once in a while and usually its one little bump on my chin. I do however have some small bumps around my nostrils that I can't seem to get rid of. So please do read on, I have some good and useful stuff to pass on about this good product!
    Now with all that said, I did use the Proactiv 3-step system I received in my Influenster voxbox and get some good results. But before I get into those let me give you just a bit of info on what Proactiv is all about. One of the key ingredients of the system is benzoyl peroxide.  Please keep in mind benzoyl peroxide can bleach fabrics so be careful.  Proactiv recommends you use the whole system twice daily-once in the morning and once at night. You have the renewing cleanser which is step 1. As with most other cleanser you dampen your whole face and massage around a dime size amount of cleanser into skin. This has a gritty feel that reminds me of exfoliating cleansers. Its not foamy nor does it lather. It more resembles a cream cleanser. You of course rinse well and pat dry. Step 2 is the Revitalizing toner. As with step 1 use twice daily after the cleanser. Apply to your whole face and allow to dry fully. Step 3 is the Repairing treatment. It also contains benzoyl peroxide.  You only apply this to affected areas twice daily. Don't rinse let air dry.  
   It also cautions that you use a sunscreen when using these products as they overtime may increase sensitivity to sunlight. I have had experience with benzoyl peroxide over the years (when I was younger breakouts were more frequent & worse) and it for my skin is very drying. So for me I used the cleanser once a week (which is way less than the recommended amount) the toner 2-3 times a week and the repair treatment for a couple days on the bumps around my nose once a day.  The bumps have diminished quite a bit and I liked the toner alot. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I had a zit on my chin which I used the repair treatment on and in just a couple days it was gone! 
   So while I wasn't a good candidate for using this the way advised to, it still did a good job & I still recommend it for those who have breakouts!


Disclaimer : I received this product as an active member of influenster.com to test. I received no payment for my time or opinion monetary or otherwise from either company.





No comments:

Post a Comment