My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Smooth as... Well as a shave with Gillette Venus Proskin razor!!

     I am all for equal rights and women lib and all that but my personal like is to have smooth, close, clean shaved legs and underarms. Nothing to anyone else just my preference. I've always liked Gillette and especially like their Venus line. So when my Influenster Voxbox arrived a few weeks back I was excited to see the Venus Proskin razor
     This Venus razor was made with an easy-to-handle-with-wet-hands ergonomic handle, the well trusted three-blade technology known to Gillette, and the get-in-those-hard-to-reach-places pivoting round head. Three things that have made Venus a #1 selling global brand for women. The newest feature to this would be the two shave gel bars consisting of a triple blend of body butters. These create a protective layer over your skin to help minimize nicks and razor burns. You just dip the razor in water and viola` instant shave gel gliding across your skin! 
   I was ready to get going with this because I love the feel of a good smooth shave. All it took was one dip in the water to activate the shave gel bars. I had a slight problem though. The gel bars are quite thick and since it was just a maintenance shave it was fairly hard to get close enough to my skin to shave the small stubble. I decided to scrape away some of the top bar & it worked so much better.  Then there is a second thing that I didn't care for and that is that with it being a "gel" bar is it has a slimy texture. With that said, once I rinsed my leg it felt amazingly smooth and velvety. Even though I had a couple hitches in the road, it was just as I expected, a great shave!  Those two minor quirks are worth the end result and I have reccommended this to several friends and family!






Update: Ok so it is January 16, 2012, a full two months after reviewing this razor and I have just now had to change the blade!! How awesome is that! So in love with Venus Proskin razor!!


Disclaimer: I received this product in my Influenster Voxbox as result of being an active member in their program. I have received no monetary or other compensation for my time or opinion from either Influenster or Gillette.

No comments:

Post a Comment