My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thank goodness for the thankful

Today has just been one of those days; stuck in my head most of it. Life is filled with struggles. It doesn't matter who we are, our financial situation, our relationship status, our living situation nor our demographic etc. That is just part of life. We live, we struggle, we overcome, we move on.
Most find the struggles of life sad and disheartening. I'm one of those people half the time. All the time, however, I find it even more sad at the many abundant blessings we overlook. For every struggle, if willing, you can find five blessings.
Every November, suddenly everyone is aware of our many blessings. But as the last of the left over turkey is raked out, so is our awareness of our blessings. I find it inspiring when I come across people who are thankful daily for the many blessings we mostly take forgranted. Shouldn't we be itching to see these blessings?
With my many personal struggles at this time, I have decided to make a resolution. Each day I will take the time to mentally note as many blessings as Ican think of. And I will have my kids tell me at least two each day. I'm sure life will suddenly seem a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment