My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, July 2, 2012

One Bite: A Review of Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookies

        As you've read, my MomVoxbox has been a conundrum of goodies. One treat I had yet to try (but had been wanting to) was the Quaker Soft Baked Cookie. I pulled out the luciously large Oatmeal Raisin soft baked cookie & was immediately bumbarded by my 4 boys!
        After answering their umpteen questions- "What's that mom?" "What flavor is it?" "Does it have nuts?" "Can we have a bite?"- I was able to wrangle it open. At this point I was very thankful for the generous portion because once I rationed it out, I was left with one bite to savor. So I did just that.
        It was soft but not exactly crumbly soft. It smelled of that slightly "cinnamony" sweetness an oatmeal raisin cookie should. The color was a yummy creamy brown. And when I finally took my bite, I was delightfully satisfied. The taste was superb. All the different flavors were very balanced, none too overpowering. The texture was just right. It was an enticing mix of soft, chewy, tender, & the ever so slight crunch. It packs only 6 grams of fat, a great source of fiber and is made with delicious whole grain Quaker oats!
         Once I had savored all the flavor I could I turned to my boys. I could see from the crumbs that they loved the cookie. As I surveyed each content little face, I had to sigh. They devoured their bites & I didn't even get any pitcures! Luckily I managed one before opening the pack.

        When I asked them what they thought, I got a resounding yummy from the three oldest & an outstretched hand followed by a "bite bite" from my fourteen month old! Needless to say these are on my snack list for grocery shopping from now on!

      After checking out the Quaker site, I am determined to find the chocolate almond flavor! They come in five tempting flavors: Oatmeal Raisin, Chocolate Almond, Apples and Cinnamon, Cranberryand Yogurt, and finally Banana Nut. I was very glad to see some of the other Quaker products I wasn't aware of. Check out their site & see if you've tried all their goodies!

Give them a tweet on twitter here.
Like their Facebook page for news, coupons & more, here.

Hope you enjoyed my take on Quaker Soft Baked Cookies! Don't forget to follow my blog for reviews & more!


DISCLAIMER: THESE PRODUCTS WERE COMPLIMENTARY & EARNED BY BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE INFLUENSTER COMMUNITY. I HAVE RECEIVED NO MONETARY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR MY TIME OR OPINIONS FROM INFLUENSTER OR ANY OF THE BRANDS. MY OPINIONS ARE UNBIASED AND SOLELY MY OWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment