My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mmmm Let's Talk About JIF!: Review of JIF Hazelnut Spread.

I'm a peanut butter fanatic! & JIF is one of my absolute fave brands. I plan on venturing into other nut butters but right now I've only made an exploration into hazelnut spreads.

Nutella was my first hazelnut spread & I think its yummy-my kids do too.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I happend across JIF's new Hazelnut spreads! Of course I bought some right then! They have 2 flavors to choose from- regular Chocolate & Mocha Cappucino. I must confess, I adore anything coffe flavored or inspired so I opted for the Mocha Cappucino!



It has a truly rich & creamy texture & flavor. The chocolate is a deeper flavor than the other brands. The mocha isn't too overpowering, which can happen with mocha flavor. It has a different feel to it at the end than other hazelnut spreads I've had. Nothing bad, just different. The smooth texture was so melt-in-your-mouth good that it was a perfect pair for graham cracker squares!


Other ways we enjoyed JIF's Hazelnut Spread were  mixed with peanut butter, on apple slices & as smores. I am dying to use as an ice cream sauce & combine in my homemade fudge recipe! I'll let you know how it is when I do!

I think JIF has a very versatile & delicious product on their hands. It's also fantastic that it comes from a company in the USA.

Its slightly high on the calorie end but rich enough in flavor you don't need a lot. I enjoyed just half a teaspoon on a graham cracker square. It would make the perfect splurge item for those keeping an eye on calorie intake.

Another yummy added to our loves list & I hope you try & enjoy it as much as my family does!

Don't forget to keep up with them on Facebook & follow them on Twitter!



No comments:

Post a Comment