My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory

Ok who doesn't love timeless classics? Movies, foods, make up, music, clothes... we love things that stand true through the test of time. To me Ivory soap speaks volumes of timeless classics!
I was delighted, if not a bit shocked, to receive a complimentary bar of Ivory soap in my Mom Voxbox from Influenster.  I was quickly reminded why Ivory is such a delightful brand.

One new thing I learned about the Ivory bar soap is the microwave experiment. And can't forget the fact that it floats in water! This left me with a wonderful use to show & teach my kids about density & the affects of heat on things.


With it being a 99.4% pure soap product it only makes perfect sense that this soap makes an excellent face wash! With all the other things we slap on our precious facial skin what better treat than to wash it with something with the least amount of extra concoctions? It left my skin feeling clean but not parched which I loved!  On that same note it also makes a great make up brush/applicator wash. Gentle on the material but strong enough to remove germs/dirt/product/etc. It took just a little to clean my foundation brush spotless!


A tip that I found is if you do microwave the bar, it makes it an awesome texture for doing all these different things. You can then store the flake/crumbs in a zip bag or bowl with a lid. 

Grab some of the crumbs, add a few drops water & use as a pre-wash treatment on stains. I love to use it to wash my delicates as well. Just crumble some in the wash & go. The scent is fresh & subtle & cleans without all the harshness of additives!

Another great ideal is to scrape your nails across a bar of it before doing any job that may require getting your hands dirty or gunk under your nails. it keeps it out & helps wash up quicker!  That's a spiffy one huh?

Here's one more cool & helpful tip, wash your plant leaves in a warm Ivory Soap bath. I have also been told that a capful of Ivory soap water poured about the roots can help as well. I've not tried that but know of people who swear by it. 

One last thing it can be used for is a carving medium. Check out some great images here.

If you get down to the math of it, Ivory tops all other brands on value for your buck. It's aslo a greener alternative to most of what's on the market today. With so many uses and such great results, Ivory is sure to be a staple in our household. Thanks to Influenster, I'm thankfully reminded of this timeless classic!

Hope you've enjoyed my uses for Ivory Soap!

Follow them on twitter here.
Like them on Facebook here

Don't forget to check out Influenster!


DISCLAIMER: THESE PRODUCTS WERE COMPLIMENTARY & EARNED BY BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE INFLUENSTER COMMUNITY. I HAVE RECEIVED NO MONETARY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR MY TIME OR OPINIONS FROM INFLUENSTER OR ANY OF THE BRANDS. MY OPINIONS ARE UNBIASED AND SOLELY MY OWN!


No comments:

Post a Comment