My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7 Things Not to do When You Can't Sleep

   All of July I've dealt with bouts of insomnia & tonights no different. The clock ticks on & I rummage for various sleep aids. Warm milk, check. Counting sheep, check. Turning off all electronics, check. Deep breathing, check. Relaxation techniques, check. Sleep-lost in the dark.
    Amongst all the trying to sleep I thought I'd pass along a few things not to do when you can't sleep. I'm sure there's oodles but these 7 I like best. And please keep in mind, sleep deprivation is a torture tactic. So be prepared for what you're about to read! Haha!

7. Don't play Triple Town on your phone. It'll suck you right in & before you know it, the sun is up & at it!

6. Don't decide a triple scoop sundae with hot fudge sauce sounds like a good ideal. Ultimately it'll just give you a sugar rush then crash that doesn't result in sleep. Plus it'll ruin all the hard figure flattering work you did the prior day.

5. Don't spy on the neighbors.  Ever heard the saying "the freaks come out at night"? Trust me, spy on your neighbors at 2 in the morning & it'll make perfect sense.

4. Don't peruse the internet looking for insomnia remedies.  Its just going to suck away the hours before ya know it. Surf for them during the day so maybe they'll work by night fall.

3. Don't check your Facebook, Twitter or emails!  Once you go in, you'll never come out!  (Don't say I didn't warn you!)

2. Don't settle down for a zombie apocalypse movie. Once it gets going, you'll be too engrossed in watching your significant other or pet for signs of "zombification" to watch the movie or sleep. Seriously! Lack of sleep can turn an insane man sane!

And number one is....

1. Don't have to go to the bathroom AFTER the zombie apocalypse movie.  No sleep + flesh eating zombie movie= accident waiting to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment