My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Journeying to a Fit Me

Most of my life I've been, uh, shall we say pleasantly plump :). I had a few years of healthy size when I was in high school. But I let go of all that concern & work when I got pregnant with my first son. And let me tell you, that was the end of my will power haha!
My husband always thought I didn't eat enough before being pregnant & I didn't want to deprive my baby so I let myself go all willy nilly. I was young and naive to say the least. I thought, "I'm young and its mostly baby so it'll just melt right off." Sheesh was I wrong. I gained 65lbs. Eight years & 3 more boys later, I'm still packing that 65lbs plus 10.
Quite frankly I'm tired of haulin' that load ha ha. I had started last fall getting back into shape and the holidays smacked me in the face. My will power wasn't quite up to the test yet. And I've been kind of stuck since then. I guess I could blame it on stress and other factors, but the simple fact is, I've just been apethetic to the whole process.
I'm sure all of you have felt this way or been in this same rut. I know what I need to do, why I need/want to do it and now I just need to do it. I don't want to be super thin or look like anyone else. I just want to be fit. I want to be able to play chase with my boys and lastas long as them. I want to get up doing things & not be tired within 30 minutes. I'm done worrying about a number on the scale or in the tag of my clothes. I just want to be healthy.
Today restarts that journey. Its time to put away excuses, move past enablers, and find my healthy me. I'm going to do a bi-weekly blog on my progress. Even though I'm done worrying about numbers I'll still share them :). Hopefully maybe I can inspire or help someone else in this same rut. Who knows. Anythings possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment