My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let's Spread a Little Influence

   I love trying new things, don't y'all?  I've always been the one who goes for the odd or least known; often times discovering fantastic things before most or figuring out the duds before they become a trend.
   Last July I was perusing one of my fave magazines, Woman's World & came across a spiffy little site.  It was all about testing products & giving feedback to the brands & consumer's through lots of different channels. Ha needless to tell y'all, I jumped on the site!  It is Influenster.com.  When I signed up in August last year, it was still very new.  They still had quite a large number in their community to be so fresh. At that time it was open to the public & sort of in beta stages. 
     Influenster offers what's called a voxbox.  In a nutshell, if you actively interacted with Influenster.com, twitter, facebook & had a blog you could pre-qualify for a themed voxbox chalk full of goodies.  You aren't ever guaranteed getting one. Often times brands are targeting specific demographics which plays a huge part in getting picked. You also have badges to unlock which represent your life & interests.  They're no fees or subscriptions. You're required to answer a post experience survey to stay active. 
     You have the option to complete brand specific challenges for an opportunity to win rewards & unlock the brand badge.  Usually these challenges consist of talking about the product & your experience through twitter, facebook, blogging about it, sharing pictures etc.  Thus the birth of my first blog.      Since I've been a member I have participated in 4 voxboxes, & a demographic specific product reviewing.  I have been very pleased with all the things I've got to try.  They recently did a relaunch of the site (its lots of fun & great improvements), made it invite only, and broaden your opportunites for giving your thoughts about a product.
    They also recently reached a milestone number of members & are officially going public with their company.  Everyone should check out this spiffy little article about Influenster reaching 200K users.
   So when I get some great Influenster products, y'all will be the first to hear about it!! Let me know what you think after you check out the site!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment