My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Couple Hot Weather Tips...

I'm always looking for good tips for health, beauty, around the house & well for about anything really. Recently I came across 4 that caught my attention. Now, I've only used 2 of these so please do let me know if you use any of these & they work or don't!

The first thing I knew I wanted to tell you all about was this spiffy lil' idea I came across in all You magazine. Spring and summer are the ultimate outdoor times. Parties, cookouts, just hanging with the family, gardening, just so many things to do outside. The article discussed tips for fun helpful tips for having outdoor dinner parties & such.

Okay okay on to the actual tip.  Take cupcake liners, turn them upside down, place a straw through & then place in your drink. The cupcake liner becomes a cheap, cute, easy lid to keep all the pesky flying guests out of your drink. Easily found to match most themes, inexpensive & cute- gotta love it!

Tip two for this time of year came in an email from a friend.  It can be used on people & pets. Bugs of all sorts come out when the sun shines & the mercury rises. Ticks can be an extremely dangerous pest. If you or a pet happen to get bitten by a tick, take a cotten ball soaked in dish detergent & hold over the tick. It should release its bite & back out within a few seconds of exposure. Tried this once with one of our dogs & it worked!

Staying on the bug issue, I want to relay some possibilities for natural mosquito repellents. With 4 lil' boys I'm always looking for safe, effective ways to keep them bite free. I haven't tried any of thes combos out so again if you do please let me know! I read about these on about.com

Take any of the following essential oils & add to either an oil base (such as cooking oils) or witch hazel. Add 10 to 25 drops of essential oils to 2 Tbsps of the carrier, then either spritz or rub onto you body and/or clothes. I would suggest only basing it with witch hazel if you're going to spritz onto clothing. The article said it was best to reapply after an hour & after being in water. The list of oils were: cinnamon oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, citronella oil, castor oil, thyme oil. It's definitely worth a try!

My final tip is in regards to dry summer hair. This tip came from an article on the Woman's Day magazine website. Use half a cup of honey (a natural humectant) on hair for 20 minutes. If hair is super dry add an egg yolk to the honey before applying. When you're ready to rinse add 1-2 Tbsps olive oil to ease the mix out of your hair. Rinse with warm water. Another tip which comes from myself & my mom, follow with a cool rinse (even after conditioning) it closes the cuticle on your hair locking in more moisture!

Summer & spring constantly have fun stuff to encounter & I hope these tips can help everyone have an even better time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment