My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Useful Useless Item Edition 1

    It's easy to get a lot of useless things around the house. Especially with four small- well not so small but young boys. My husband & I can certainly attest to that.
So with that thought in mind, I've decided to start sharing my tips for making a seemingly useless item useful. I'll have one item every other Sunday (who knows may work it inwhatever day I can (: ) to give some possible uses for.
    My first has to be empty diaper boxes (as we have a 7 month old & these things seem to accumulate like rabbits here). Any empty box for that matter, can have many other uses. I'll give you my top three and any suggestions are welcome.
     Revitalising use number one: turn it into a mail pouch. We use one on the kitchen table to hold our mail and at the end of the day we sort through it. You could easily "upholster" the box to give it more of a decor item. Try collaging together some old envelopes with stamps, maybe some postcards as well.
     Use number two: a sock hold. Place the box at the spot where the socks of your household are taken off ona regular basis. If you have kids you could let them make sock puppets out of oldworn socks or mateless ones. Then adorn them to the box.
     Use number three: a makeshift bookshelf or shoe shelf. Take 2-4 boxes and place together. Use packing tape on the edges where they connect. Use at least two layers and one all along the outside of the boxes. Decorate or adorn however you please. Use as a shoe box, turn on its side to use as a bookshelf or slide under a bed to store bed linens.
      I could give a hundred more but I'll leave the rest up to your creativity. I'll bring you another useless item turned useful next Sunday! Enjoy the tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment