My take ;-)

My take ;-)
Just a bit of what I like to chat about!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snackivore-Yep thats me!

   OK I've come to face the facts... I love snacking. And any kind of snack works. Healthy or otherwise. Chips are one of my fave more unhealthy snacks. I love the various choices and textures. Makes my mouth water :). So any chip I am up to try at least once.
    I was a lucky www.houseparty.com hostess last Saturday of a Riceworks Crisps party. I hadn't tried them before and was greatly intrigued by their promise of flavor with a healthier kick. Riceworks Crisps  boasts natural ingredients, no preservatives, no artificial flavors, wheat & gluten free, 7g whole grains, kosher certified, 33% less fat than potato chips, plus much more, while still having great flavor. So why not get excited?? Read more about their benefits and such here.
   The Riceworks company had me revved for big flavor with a little less guilt. I decided to pair the 6 flavors with a variety of dips: salsa, salsa con queso, spinach dip, and the fixings for Chicken nachos. (I tend to be a little partial to Mexican inspired dips.) And my guests and I noshed over laughs and a few photo opps as well as some snacking sin confessions. 






   The crisps were all a hit with my party goers. I myself fell in love! Riceworks texture is very crisp with a smooth flavor. They're thicker than potato chips which makes them great for dipping and such. My faves wound down to the Parmesan & sun-dried tomato, sea salt and the gourmet wild rice w/ sea salt & black pepper. Riceworks crisps go great with dips but are perfectly delicious enough to stand alone! 
    The Sweet Chili Riceworks crisps were my least favorite flavor as they were too sweet for my liking.  With that said they were still quite tasty. My two year old found his fave was the Sweet Chili. The Parmesan & Sun-Dried Tomato were the second fave of my guests/guinea pigs. 
    The flavor of the actual crisp is a mild almost nutty flavor. The seasonings are robust but not overpowering. For me, Riceworks has found the perfect balance of flavor and health. Yet another reason I stand by trying almost everything once. 
    Don't just go by my take on Riceworks, try them for yourself today!! 




Disclaimer: This review was not endorsed by any company and my take on the above product is no one but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment